I played it tonight. And I really enjoyed it. He's SUCH A GOOD BOY! I like a good shmup --I'm bad at them, but I enjoy them. I found figuring out which power up is which very tricky. And I just want to rotate through them all instead of just having one.
ProtoCorgi - Demo
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
We need your help!
Join Bullet, a bark hurler, laser shooter and spaceman's best friend in his quest to save his master, a brilliant cybernetics scientist abducted by an never seen before alien race that eagers to destroy all life in the universe. But be prepared, in order to save your owner you will have to cross through the very fabric of space and time.
Bark away the evil with this demo and give us your opinion as we develop our game.
We have a lot prepared for protocorgi and we can't wait to hear what you have to say!
More surprises coming in the near future, so stay tuned.
If you enjoyed the demo don't forget to follow the Devlog for more information and updates about our projects:
You are a few barks away from saving the galaxy.
- When the player get a new powerup drop the old one at max level.
- Anemone body health is reduced in later difficulties making them harder to deal with homing missiles.
- Added giant fruits.
- Menu reworked with framerate, full screen, screen scale and many options.
- Pool most used scenes at start.
- Reworked bullet system, fixes bullet layering problems, bullets dying if the enemy dies or anemone plasma beams outside sceen/after eye dying.
- Fixed black hole attraction, detached anemone eyes work as intended now.
- Fixed analog not working in menu.
- Added secret codes.
- Enemies can't be damaged or damage player outside screen. No more turret snails dying outside screen doing nothing.
- Animations don't run if the objects are outside screen.
- ❤❤❤ Hitbox is represented now by a heart ❤❤❤
- Fixed Mac and Linux Steam depots.
- Options rotation lock added when the player is shooting.
- Shield Bomb damages enemies and makes the player invulnerable.
- Overdrive Bomb orbs damage enemies.
- Better difficulty curve, more easy at early levels, same difficulty at end levels.
- Shorten tutorials.
- Fish ship master can't shot behind.
- Turret snail shot are limited in early difficulties.
- Greatly reduced Guardian Eye Boss health points in early difficulties.
- Added full screen support (alt + enter).
- Added more music.
- Reworked suicide bullet system.
- Reworked the speed of bullets and enemies in all difficulties.
- Added alt, shift and control key support.
- QoL galore.
- Reworked the powerup system.
- Player could change side holding Animal Spirit button.
- Magnet behavior for fruits and player death drops.
- Added progression.
- QoL changes.
- Highscores per difficulty.
- Demo uploaded.
Default Demo Controls (Configurable in options):
Press Alt + Enter in keyboard for fullscreen toggle.
- Shoot: C
- Absorb: X (Unlocked after second difficulty finished)
- Animal Spirit: Z (Unlocked after first difficulty finished)
- Use: S
- Speed: A
- Shoot: X
- Absorb: A (Unlocked after second difficulty finished)
- Animal Spirit: B (Unlocked after first difficulty finished)
- Use: Y
- Speed: LB
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Made with||Godot, Aseprite|
|Tags||Arcade, corgi, Cute, demo, gamedev, kemono-games, kemonogames, protocorgi, Shoot 'Em Up, stg|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Xbox controller, Gamepad (any), Joystick|
|Accessibility||Configurable controls, Interactive tutorial|
|Links||Steam, Homepage, Twitter, Facebook|
- Download the file for your OS Version
- protocorgi_demo_windows-x64.zip for Windows x64
- protocorgi_demo_windows_x32.zip for Windows x32
- Extract protocorgi_demo_windows_XX.zip
- Run protocorgi_demo_windows_XX.exe
- Download the file for your OS Version
- protocorgi_demo_linux_x64.zip for Linux x64
- protocorgi_demo_linux_x32.zip for Linux x32
- Make Sure that Is Executable flag is ON on downloaded file Properties > Permissions tab
- Run protocorgi_demo_linux_XX
- Download protocorgi_demo_osx.zip
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
I need a manual to understand what the heck all the powerups do. Also, what are the hitstates?
I hope the game will be gamepad combatible with rebinding. Also, the training intro/outro text is WAY too slow.
This game is RUFF! for real, looks and plays amazing, great job y'all! (this version is the steam demo, i dunno if they're the same)
Just played the Steam demo and I love it, especially this amazing soundtrack. Please release the soundtrack as well, when the game launches =)
Cuando se lanzará para dispositivos móviles. Es que lo quiero jugar en Android, no se si se podrá. El juego se ve bien bonito y la música también. Buen trabajo.
Do you plan to get an Android version?
Very nice game !
this is one of the few legit games in the agdg jam.
Warning indicators - good
powerup icons - not distinct enough (bombs are distinct at least)
drop items on death - drop too many???
occasional spawning in a wall that fills the screen - might want to fix
amazing, pretty cool 😀
Весёлая и милая игра, мне понравилось, буду ждать релиза :)
I really like your game.It 's a lot like Parodius.Can't wait to see more.
Its a very,very *GOOD GAME*
I like that. The world!!! olaolaolaola
And as a developer. I'm wondering how to make that effect.
After you try the game .. it is a wonderful fun you just need to add more stages
We also want stronger and more comprehensive weapons in destroying targets and enemies
I enjoyed playing it
Cannot wait for this to be done! Me and my sister did a little playthrough of the demo and loved it!
It was a fun demo and cute.
ProtoCorgi is a surprisingly fun game and a nice piece of work for just a demo. It captures the look and feel of playing a Gradius style game from back in the day, and that's pretty cool for something silly and corgi based.Good job, devs.
So much fun! Huge fan of shmups and even the Puppest difficulty gave me difficulty (which is a good thing). Can't wait to see what the future brings.
Made a video
I do make a German Testvideo of this Game, Check it out guys. Deutsches Angezockt, schaut mal rein.
Really fun game. Pretty hard, but i love it, the sound effects are amazing, as are the graphics and the idea itself.
Guys ! I love this game, I've been playing until this Eye boss, that killed me at the end haha. But I will try again, I've been loosing way to many lives against those flowers throwing their eyes as well! But beside that I really loved the concept!
Have you guys considered to participate in our yearly Game development world Championship ? The competition is totally free with prizes and our mission is to support and reward the Indie game developer community.
If you are interested in joining in please check out our website for more details:
I like the game ☺️
Felicidades por el juego :D
Super great. Best shooter. 100% would buy a full game even if its at 60 dolars!
looks fun! and the graphics looks like they came off from yoshi's island
hello Kemono Games! I played your game today. Very enjoyable experience! I also made a Gameplay video! Hope you will enjoy!
Im in love with this game!♥
I did a Twitch stream of your game on Sunday 03/03/19 and I uploaded it to my YouTube channel today.
I recorded myself playing it for the first time and made commentary on how I thought it played and what I liked/didn't like. I tried to be objective. I'm trying to provide honest feedback and playtesting to indie devs. The link is below.
The biggest flaw i noticed is that i cant play it with an arcade stick. it doesnt recognize dpads, only joysticks. otherwise excellent job kemonos
did i just see a jojo refrence
this is the cure of cancer